Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Doing Something Different!

Since announcing that I will be closing my studio, I have had a chance to sit back and re-evaluate the last year and see what I was doing and what was actually happening. While it hasn't been pretty, it has given me a change to catch my second wind. And, someone approached me about turning this into an artist's co-op, I have received numerous emails that artists would like to be involved in the first meeting to see if it would be a good fit for them. I am also examining doing business a little differently, maybe if it doesn't turn into a co-op how I could keep this place up and going. Perhaps splitting the entire gallery and studio with a couple of partners and making into a working studio. So many options but one thing is for sure, I want to keep this place, I want to continue to teach, I want to sell my art - I just have to do something different in a different way. I must learn from this and move forward. And, through all of this, I have found my entrepreneurial spirit again and I am willing to go the distance. I am asking for help though. I found a financial coach and we are just beginning but I am again excited. I know I can turn things around! Economy, Sheconomy, bah. Finding joy through all this has been my wonderful lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment