Friday, August 12, 2011

Finding Time To Be Creative



I believe my chocolate stash is complete!




This week has been very hectic and in a very good way. It's Day #5 of my working out first thing in the morning and it's going well. It hasn't been too hot and my walking has in fact been very pleasant at 5:45 am!
I went to Dozo last night. My favorite sushi restaurant. Mr. Robert-san and his wife Risa, always make us feel welcome. I was treated to a special birthday dinner from Valerie. We had oysters on the half-shell, yum, among other luscious foods, like aji, calamari cocktail, taro chips. Their happy hour specials are awesome. A great time, good food and good conversation makes for a great evening.










With all of this running around, going here and going there, celebrating and getting together with friends seems to sidetrack me from spending time with myself creatively. It grounds me and soothes the beast in me. So today, I took some glass pebbles, and made some earrings. Since the price of silver and everything else is going up in price, I like to make some earrings with a lower price point. I think these will retail for $15.



I like to make my own sterling silver ear wires. That way I can change the length of the earrings, add different details making each set of earrings different. I used a couple of different sizes and I love the colors. This is just the start. I will make more. And, as always, I am looking to sell these fast. So I'll post these on Facebook and those of you who read my blog, know that they are for sale!




Since I don't have a professional models at my beck and call, I am forced to find creative ways of taking pictures of earrings on my own ear, in a mirror. Ha! I think it turned out, don't you?


ALWAYS EEK OUT A LITTLE CREATIVE TIME IN YOUR DAY!










No comments:

Post a Comment