Friday, August 19, 2011

Tonite's Dinner

6CYBBT6QXN8S





I'm dedicating this blog to my niece, who loves to read blogs about cooking. She's my muse when it comes to writing blogs. She asked me for a recipe for Chai tea that I used to make a long time ago. Ahh, but I don't have it anymore, and can't seem to find it. So, instead, I'll make dinner tonight in her honor. But first....

Some Sake...






I had some ground lamb thanks to my friend who gave me some for my birthday. A very wonderful birthday present. Thanks Pam. I don't often have jars of sauces and spices because I like to mix my own, but I saw Patak's Mango and Ginger Chutney and thought I'd give it a try. Maybe the lamb and the mango chutney might go well together as meatballs. So I chopped up more mango and grated more ginger because you can never have too much. Also added to that mixture was panko bread crumbs, an egg, and some red and yellow sweet peppers, a little salt and pepper. I'm not giving the amounts until I taste the results. This is just a "hmmmm, I think it'll taste good" experiment.

So here are my meatballs! Into the toaster oven for 35 minutes at 400 degrees...


I thought that maybe some pasta shells would go well together and I really should have some greens but nah, I think I'll just have meatballs and shells. I'll eat greens next time. I love my food in bowls. I made this one in my pottery days. It just tastes so much better as "bowl food".




They are finally done! Cooked to perfection! And, the chunks of mango show nice and bright. Yum!





Okay, so now, do I eat this first and then write my blog? Of course not. I'll eat first!



I'm back! It was very delicious. I could probably use less chutney, more ginger, and maybe something spicy. The meatballs were nice and sweet and light. I will try this again most definitely.





My Featured Earrings today are the crocheted metal wire earrings. I've been working on these for quite a while, making different colors, not just the ones shown. I have purple, blues, reds, oranges, in a variety of sizes. I sell them for $20 each.


No comments:

Post a Comment