Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Today is My Birthday!




So, today is my birthday and I wanted to do something special. This is day #3 of my working out in the mornings. I actually decided that I have to have a workout routine in place by the time my birthday rolls around this year. Thank goodness, I started two days ago! Whew! I get up at 5am and do an hour of walking. But today, I thought I would go to the Desert Botanical Gardens. When I got there at 6:30am, I turned my music on...thought about something raucous, with a heavy beat, but then I passed "Beethoven for Relaxation". Well, it turned out to be quite suitable for my mood I think. It's quiet, peaceful, early morning, just me and the birds, and the lizards and jackrabbits - perfect. On low, as background music, so I can hear the birds and whatever else jumps in my path.



Taking pictures throughout the trails in the garden was great fun. I posed in front of the photo opportunity place for tourists, did the Desert Loop Trail and the Sonoran People trail twice. I was pleased with myself for thinking of taking pictures of me as the tourist and had some laughs - to myself - of course. No makeup, dressed like a bum, but what the heck...Dance like no one is watching, right?

I visited with my friends in the Call Center (still looking like a bum and no makeup) and it looks like they didn't hold that against me and I'll be back in the fall for their seasonal work. Yay!

It fits right in with my PLAN B outline:

Increase my income by working part-time until I get a full time job, or . . .
I become wealthy beyond my wildest dreams doing what I love! (Which is my Plan A).



Good Bye Mr. Lizard. Watch over the Garden til I get back there!

On to visit my mom. I bought a gi-normous cupcake to celebrate my birthday with her. She was a good sport even though she wasn't feeling all that well. But we had some laughs, she helped me blow out my candles and sang Happy Birthday! It was a good day! (Ah hem, still no makeup!)

I'm home now and writing my blog today. I'll be writing more frequently because I've got alot to say these days. I'm picking up with pieces of my life and want to share my PLAN B.

Tonight I'm sharing my birthday with some friends and I WILL have makeup on!

1 comment:

  1. Kathy! You're BACK!
    (this is Marilyn Ostrow, TereziB@aol.com)

    ReplyDelete