Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sweet Inspirations - Vintage Buttons

8KA6CNS6EFZQ



As an artist, I get inspirations from everything that I come in contact with, whether it is something that I've seen in nature, a texture from a modern building, or even an old building for that matter. It could even be another artist that speaks to me through their work. You'll see me blogging a lot about my "Sweet Inspirations" because they fuel my own work. I want art to be in my life always, even when I'm doing the most mundane of chores or tasks. I look for things that will carry me to my next creation.

I love vintage buttons and have collected them over the years, from purchases in antique stores, gifts, and found buttons (those are the best!) Even the smallest ones have a wonderful pattern to them. So I took the smallest ones and made molds from them.



Then using my fine silver Precious Metal Clay, I created a pendant with a gemstone placed in the center. They came out beautiful! I want to make more but I have to sell some first! From the buttons, to the molds, to a finished piece of jewelry, this is my heartbeat!



My featured piece is on of the biggest buttons that I have made. It measures 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch, and is on an 18" sterling silver chain.



I even spruced up the back and put my symbol on it, so you'll know who made it...



I love the detail that these buttons have and what it does to my piece!


No comments:

Post a Comment