Saturday, August 13, 2011

A "Getting Grounded" Kind of A Day



I have great friends!

My 6th Day of working out, and...I passed. Oh No! I didn't go out and walk this morning and I'm not sure why. But I'm giving myself permission for it to be okay. The downside is that my day was a bit discombobulated, and not quite focused and on track like I had been all week. So, I think I'll go for it tomorrow. I just have to remember how good I feel when I do work out! I decided to do some grapefruit hunting instead. Ha! Don't know what that is? It's the old grapefruit that should have been picked earlier before the 100 degree weather came around, and it's still hanging out in the trees. Now, it's "hunting" season, picking them off with the other end of the grapefruit picker and just hit them so they'll fall from the tree. Time to celebrate! I finally got them all. It's too bad I can't think of any good use for them while they're in this stage - really soft, really mushy. Face mask? Ahh... No! I will make sure I pick them all next year!









Dawn, my niece, and her friend, Alex, stopped by to drop off some batteries so I could finish taking pictures for my blog today. They were up for doing a taste test of my green tea cookies. Remember them? So they were all for the taste test. At first, Dawn was a bit hesitant because they looked "green"(?). I guess they didn't look like cookies. But she and Alex did the tasting and they both agreed that they were delicious. So far, I have five people doing the taste test and they all concurred that it was a very good cookie. And, good for you too, with the green tea! I have another cookie recipe to try next time. Thinking of packaging too, maybe incorporating a little origami! They would be perfect together.

My day was very relaxed and unhurried, and it felt great to not have to be somewhere and not have to really do anything. Getting grounded is a good way to spend the day. It allows for fresh ideas to enter into my head. One idea I had was to feature one of my "creations" every day, every time I write my blog. Feedback is always welcome!

This pair of earrings are made of Swarovski crystals. It was a quickie pair of earrings that I was inspired to make. I like the bling but in a subtle way!







2 comments:

  1. Kathy ~

    Nice to read the blog!

    I think you should whip up some grapefruit and vodka drinks with a splash of lemon zest - very refreshing! Thanks what we've been doing w/our grapefruits now!

    Love the earrings, too!

    cheers,
    ~Shel~

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops - it's that's what we've been doing! Obviously I've had a few too many!! LOL!!
    just kidding!! :)

    ReplyDelete